Students at Chandler have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities throughout the school year.
- Book Fair – Held twice a year (Scholastic Book Fair is held once a year)
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Chandler Chase – Annual family-friendly event at Fidler Pond Park on the first Saturday of October. It’s free for all walkers, runners and supporters although donations are encouraged as funds raised benefit Chandler Elementary School’s playground fund.
- Chess Club
- Community Walking Trips – Students study and research an area in the community and then take a walk to visit the site. During the visit they find out why it is important to the community.
- Family Fun Night – Each grade level at Chandler commits to one night each year a Family Fun Night.
- Meet, Greet and Eat – A Chandler trademark, is a gathering held to introduce families to the school. Families bring a favorite food to share and have the opportunity to meet other members of the Chandler family. This event is very well attended and anticipated by everyone.
- “Run The Halls” – For 3rd & 4th grade students (for 2018-19). A running/walking program supervised by Chandler staff, sponsored by Goshen Health who also provides incentives and awards for participating students.
- Track and Field – For 4th & 5th grade students. An annual spring program GCS elementary students who train as a school team for individual running races of various lengths, relays and field events culminating in an all GCS elementary track meet at Goshen High School usually in late April. Chandler took 1st place in 2018!